Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Hey Patrick;

I have only heard ONE non-DX, non-radio person discuss HD radio.  I was
getting an MRI done and I heard an attendent talking to a nurse, "Hey
what happened to the smooth jazz station?"  "It went HD," the Nurse
said.  Actually what happened is one  station got rid of the Radio Now
format and the Smooth Jazz station took it over and put Smooth Jazz on
their HD-2 (but I think that the HD-2 is off).

Yes I was surprised to see the Accurian for $6 at Goodwill.  I was on
it.  My granddaughter actually found it, first.  I always hear the "Hey
Pappy, look at this," line when we take her to Goodwill.  She found two
of my Sony Cassette ULR's for me, too.  It is a not bad radio for FM DX,
w/just rabbit ears but it does overload as I'm only 3 miles away from 5
stations.  I have yet to really try AM on it.  The new Sony's are the
best HD radio for FM DX, from what I've read.  Rob Ross can aim his
APS-14 right at a 150 Kw (non IBOC) only a mile away and DX on the
adjacents.

73,
Dave in Indy