[IRCA] TP for 28 Aug from Victoria, BC

Again, a rough agreement here with the Orcas Island report, but without nearly so many audios.   There wasn't anything earth shattering, at least with good strength (though I'd call 1161 with any audio pretty darned nice from this location; see below).  What was noteworthy was the consistent strength of those that turned up for the occasion.   774 was listenable every time I checked between 1255 and 1315UT for example.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):
747 at 1304 (JJ)
774 a number of times (JJ)
972 likely Korea at 1308
1566 at 1312, with a truly overweight carrier

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash or noise):
594 JJ, quite consistent this morning
828 JJ

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:
963 likely the Chinese w/ RR
1134 likely JJ
1287 briefly at 1313, JJ
1575, likely Thailand; not as strong as I would have expected from its carrier level

Burbles in the splatter and noise:
153
189
279, all RR of course
612 DU
648 DU
702 DU at 1315
1008 Asia DF
1053 the KK jammer, but deep down in a very big carrier.  Does anyone else notice the large carrier / not much (any) audio on this channel?
1143 Asia DF
1161 Asia DF,  Taiwan or Korea?? didn't seem //5030
1422 at 1310 likely Japan

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):   (DU unless noted)   738 ,  855 hum likely from N. Korea, 1098

best wishes,

Nick