Re: [IRCA] NW EWE improvements

Hello Patrick
  Any chance you could set up a temporary 10' x 30' x 10' and report on its efficiency or not in general terms? Any Portland station heard here in the UK would be a great catch!
  Barry

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Greetings,

Out to the backyard to raise the NW EWE again. Now 25X60X25. However, I
lost a bit of the NW angle by a couple feet. I will have to get that
back later. It has been raining and windy today and not fun to be out in
and it was 58 degrees. I also had to add about 6 feet of wire. I
readjusted the pot and comparing the NW EWE with the beverage, here are
the results on the Portland frequencies which is close to 180 degrees
off the back at 70-80 miles away. The beverage is aimed East. Portland
is SE.

FREQ NW EWE BEV

620 S7 S9+15
750 S4 S9+18
800 S0/CKOR S9+5
860 S6 S9+20
910 S5 S9+15
970 S1 S9
1010 S1 S9
1040 S1/CKST S8
1080 S4 S9+10
1150 KKNW S8
1190 S5 S9+10
1230 Local Local
1330 S1 S9
1360 S0 S9
1410 S1/CFUN S5
1450 KBKW S5
1480 S1/KNTB S7
1520 S4 S9+10
1550 S5 (SAH) S9+5
1600 S1/KVRI S8
1640 S1 S9

1360 has splatter from local KAST 1370, so if any KUIK is on 1360 off
the NW EWE, I cannot hear it. KUIK is decent off the Eastern beverage.
One nice thing to note, is with stations like KEX weaker, there is
little if any IBOC on 1180 KLAY and 1200 CJRJ.
I still have more to do with the NW EWE, but at least I gained a bit
of height today. Now to get the angle back a bit more to the NW.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager