Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: KRKO-1380-Everett WA CP

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: KRKO-1380-Everett WA CP

I year or two ago I swapped e-mails with KRKO's consulting engineer Ben Dawson regarding the day vs night power. I can't find his reply now, but as I recall he said they didn't have good info on ground conductivity at the transmitter site, so they were conservative with their design.
Bruce

Patrick Martin wrote:
Paul,

Thanks. I guess the old pattern (app) was changed to protect KAST-1370.
   My question for the 33/50 K, was, why can't they have 50 KW ND days?
KAST? KRKO is hardly audible here days. Very weak, if at all with 5KW.
OK at night. But with 50 KW ND days, I doubt they would QRM KAST at 170
miles.