[IRCA] Two new catches on SRF-59 ULR in Toronto

[IRCA] Two new catches on SRF-59 ULR in Toronto

550 WSVA VA Harrisonburg - Feb 1 0625 - When I turned the SRF59 on, and
could detect no strong stations at the bottom of the dial, I thought I might
need a new battery for the Sony ULR. As it turned out, CIAO 530 Brampton ON
was off-air, and that was likely the Turks and Caicos in there. 550
meanwhile yielded an ID for NewsRadio 550 WSVA and ads for Broadway Nursery,
Harrisonburg Ramada; and then weather (28 degrees and freezing rain. Strong
signal at times, mostly the dominant one. This is new to my Toronto log.
WKRC Cincinnati also heard. WGR Buffalo NY returned to the air very soon
afterwards, halting this fun.

? 550 - Feb 1 0635 - who would play Anne Murray's Can I have this dance? I
was getting strong PA/VA/MD/OH at the time and am blocked to the west.

? 560 - Feb 1 around 0630 - calls sounded like WPGP, mention of a NewsTalk
104.7. Also - and possibly a separate station - ads mentioning fairfax and
Cooper Falls. later a mention of Pittsburgh. If the one mentioning 104.7 is
Frostburg MD, which is reasonably close to Pittsburgh, that would be off -
owners are different.

? 540 - Feb 1 0620-0645 - Soft religious hymns, no IDs heard.  I strongly
presume WGTH Richlands VA, but are there other possibilities?

* 540 WWCS Canonsburg PA - Feb 1 0725 - Radio Disney music and programming,
PA ad. New to Toronto log.

? 960 - Feb 1 0730 - Station on 960 gave ID that included 1400.

Saul Chernos
Toronto ON
SRF-59 with hekp from small Radio Shack loop antenna