Re: [IRCA] Two new catches on SRF-59 ULR in Toronto

Saul Chernos wrote:

> ? 560 - Feb 1 around 0630 - calls sounded like WPGP, mention of a NewsTalk
> 104.7. Also - and possibly a separate station - ads mentioning fairfax and
> Cooper Falls. later a mention of Pittsburgh. If the one mentioning 104.7 is
> Frostburg MD, which is reasonably close to Pittsburgh, that would be off -
> owners are different.

The morning show on Pittsburgh's WPGB (104.7) is the "Quinn and Rose
Show," which is syndicated to several other stations, including WYSL
(1040) here in Rochester. (There's a back story to that - WYSL owner Bob
Savage was the guy who hired Jim Quinn at the old 13Q in Pittsburgh back
in the seventies.)

Here's the show's full affiliate list, which includes WFRB (identified
as "Talk Radio 560" in Cumberland, but that's Frostburg.)

http://www.warroom.com/affiliates.php

> ? 540 - Feb 1 0620-0645 - Soft religious hymns, no IDs heard.  I strongly
> presume WGTH Richlands VA, but are there other possibilities?

Likely WLIE Islip NY, which has been reported on several NY message
boards as having switched from Spanish-language religion to automated
Christian AC, with few if any IDs.

> ? 960 - Feb 1 0730 - Station on 960 gave ID that included 1400.

KZIM Cape Girardeau MO, which is // KSIM 1400?

http://www.960kzim.com/