Re: [IRCA] UltraLight List of Firsts and Records

Re: [IRCA] UltraLight List of Firsts and Records

Hi Gary, John and all:

If there is a 1 kw or less category for SRF-59 catches, I would humbly put
forward my latest catch - I just recorded a slogan ID from KVNS-1700 in
Brownsville, Texas on a barefoot SRF-59.  It's running 880 watts and is
2,016 miles from my QTH.

KVNS really stands out now on the frequency with rock-n-roll oldies, which
helps differentiate it from the other (mostly talk) stations.  I did some
spotting with a Terk loop and got a full ID, but eventually pulled the
loop away and listened to the Beach Boys sing "Good Vibrations" prior to
the announcer coming in again with their slogan.

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA