Re: [IRCA] UltraLight List of Firsts and Records

Re: [IRCA] UltraLight List of Firsts and Records

To John Bryant and Others,

     I am thrilled that the Ultralight List of Firsts  and Records is
provoking such a great surge in pocket radio interest, much like  the SRF-59 review
itself accomplished!

    Special thanks go to John, who has volunteered his  superb organizational
talent to give some direction to a bewildered group of  newly-minted, wildly
enthusiastic pocket radio fanatics.

     At the risk of sounding proud, I wish to humbly  claim the honor of
having the first transoceanic reception using an  SRF-59 (JOIB-747 on November 20,
2007) and the first reception of South Korea  (HLCA-972 on November 22,
2007).  JOAK-594 was heard in between these two  on November 20, but as we all
know, the band has taken a serious dive since  then, providing only a couple of TP
loggings on an SRF-M37V  in late November (JOIB and JOAK again), and a fluke
logging of JOAK on the  new SRF-T615 digital wonder in December (on the night
that it arrived from  Japan, obviously homesick for the land of its birth).

     Dennis Vroom, in his great generosity, has  provided me with severe
competition in pocket radio TP DX, but I will let him  post the full details of
his loggings, including one of JOUB-747 (never heard  here) which may very well
hold the record for the farthest transoceanic contact  to date.

     One final word to you East Coast Ultralight  TA DXers: the West Coast
has a serious head start on you guys for  total Ultralight transoceanic DX
accomplishment!  If you don't  organize, and supply your top TA DXers with SRF-59's
immediately, the  Culprit may be forced to do it personally, rather than have
the 2008  competition turn into a boring cakewalk! A word to the wise... hi.

                           73,  Gary DeBock