Re: [IRCA] UltraLight Awards + Definitions

Re: [IRCA] UltraLight Awards + Definitions

Russ,

     I agree very much with your caution.   Although we do need good
definitions and standards in the Ultralight Awards  program, we also need to remember
that honesty and trust are the foundation of  the hobby, and not try to
regulate the fun out of it.

     At least from my own experience, Ultralight DXing  (especially TP DXing)
is an overwhelmingly exciting and liberating  experience, where a 3-ounce
pocket radio can literally give you the thrill  of your life.  We need to carry
the "thrill of your life" concept into the  Awards Program, too.  I agree very
much with John's advice on good  standards, but we need to remember the big
picture... that this is an extremely  FUN activity, and the entire awards
process should also be equally FUN.  If  at all possible, I will do my best to
ensure that the fun and excitement of  Ultralight DX are carried into the Awards
Program, and not over-regulated  to detract from this supremely enjoyable DX
pursuit!

       73 and Best Wishes,

       Gary DeBock