Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Alignment: The Big Picture

Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Alignment: The Big Picture

Hello Bert,

     Thank you very much for your kind offer to send  your spare SRF-59 to
me, for a T.L.C. upgrade.

     When the SRF-59 alignment procedure was  promulgated on the IRCA list
(after significant stress associated with finding a  way to disassemble, align,
and reassemble the unit), it was my sincere hope that  individual SRF-59 users
would personally discover the great thrills and  excitement associated with
this extremely tricky alignment procedure, and  proceed to write a new chapter
in the annals of IRCA by boldly proceeding to  tackle this ultimate test of
patience, steady nerves, confidence and  determination.

     After a grand total of one IRCA member  stepped forth to meet this
supreme challenge, it now appears I may have been in  error.  May I suggest that
you contact Steve Ratzlaff, the only other  IRCA member who has escaped alive
after performing this procedure, and make  arrangements with him for a T.L.C.
upgrade on your spare SRF-59?  Because  of his extreme good fortune, Steve was
spared the significant grief and woe  associated with the initial task of
finding a way to disassemble, align and  reassemble the SRF-59 in a way that could
be duplicated by others. He  therefore has a somewhat more enthusiastic
attitude about the alignment of  this subminiature nerve-wracker, which
unfortunately is currently lacking on my  part.

73 and Best Wishes,

Gary DeBock