Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Alignment: The Big Picture

Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Alignment: The Big Picture

Hi Kevin,

     What a coincidence!  I was a sonar gang LPO  on several surface ships
(1978-82)).  Glad to know that we (you, me and  Steve) are still using our sonar
electronics training to some extent.

     If you are really as fanatical as Steve and me,  then if I send you a
new SRF-59, you would be willing to do an alignment on it,  right?  (just
kidding)

     By the way, for those of you who have purchased  (or will purchase) the
excellent Sangean DT-200VX as a result of the glowing  assessment in the
current "Shootout" review in DXM (and dxer.ca), this very  sensitive and selective
digital AM-FM stereo Ultralight was first recommended by  Kevin, and was part
of the "Shootout" because of his comments.  The little  radio would truly be
perfect if it only had a 9 kHz split capability.   Thanks Kevin!

                    73,  Gary DeBock