Re: [IRCA] Audio Phasing?

Hi Rob:

Thanks for your note. You're right - it's the same principle as RF
phasing, only at the AF stage.  I have a Quantum Phaser and numerous loops
and wires, which often work in various combinations at the RF stage, but
in many situations, especially with strong locals that are tough to phase,
this works even better. Right now I am getting somewhat decent audio from
a high school basketball game (probably Utah or Wyoming) underneath local
1210-KWMG, something I haven't been able to replicate with RF phasing.

Tonight I've noticed that, once a null is established, one or both of the
units can be rotated through pretty much 360 degrees to better locate the
DX target station and/or get rid of the low hum that sometimes come with
phasing of the pest, usually without having to tweak the volume controls.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

> Satya,
>
> It sounds like what you are doing is the same thing as is done with the
phasers available from Quantum, MFJ or other places, except that you
require two radios to get the effect because you do it at the audio
level,
> where the phasers out there generally do it at the antenna level and
don't
> require two radios.  Admittedly, the radios are inexpensive but have you
tried a phaser and is your effect any different or more pronounced?