Re: [IRCA] am iboc

--- Eric Floden <eric.f99999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought the "HD" stood for nothing, but the link
> you provided says it's
> High Definition:

Then whoever wrote this needs educating.

See my IMBEDDED comments.

>  *What is HD Radio?*
>
> HD Radio is High Definition Radio. It is the digital
> standard for radio
> broadcasting in the 21st century.

No it is not. There's also DRM which doesn't wipe out
4 adjacents normally. And it isn't proprietary,
either.

> Much like High
> Definition television
> provides viewers with a better picture, HD Radio
> provides listeners with
> vastly improved sound quality. It also eliminates
> hisses, pops, and static
> from the radio listening experience.

It's not remotely close th HDTV. I am suprized they
have not sued iBiquity over the HD name, claiming
copywright  infringement.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net