Re: [IRCA] Audio quality - was Turks & Caicos on 530 from November

--- Bruce Portzer <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Colin
>
> I thought everybody had Real Player on their PCs.
>
> At the moment, I don't have a program to record MP3's on this PC,
> just
> rm and wav files.  I had one, but the 15 day trial expired :(

Real Audio format isn't readable on anything but their own software.
For me that's a turn-off right there. Second, I don't recall that
format being as good as .mp3, which is a standard. Real Player isn't
included on most PC's and hasn't been for a long time.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id