Re: [IRCA] 1510 KCKK into Scotland

--- k4ape <k4ape@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It might be good to remember that the ole boy in
> Scotland doesn't have all
> the QRM to contend with as Powell, Paul and myself
> have to put with.

That's true, but Paul does not have a DX capable radio
of any sort.

> We are in the middle of an RF jungle where as,
> Scotland is far outside of
> the jungle.
> Also Scotland doesn't have all the IBOC crap,
> blocking every channel from
> 1000 to 1210, as we in the south have. It is also
> interesting to note that
> the majority of the IBOC QRM is from yankee stations
> to the north.

WOAI is a hisssss maker.

> Wonder if anyone has DXed an IBOC signal, and if so,
> how did they ID it?

I have gotten WTAM to give me PSD ( sorta like RDS on
FM to an extent) and even a 1 second burst of decoded
HD audio. Last night I got PSD from WOR. Last night,
however WLAC did nothing, I didn't even hear hiss on
1500 or 1520.  Before 1530 fired their HD up WLAC
would come in in HD  a good bit of the time.

BTW, Willis, Ingles stores also has Wolf Brand Chili.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net