Re: [IRCA] TPs for 10-23

At 15:32 23/10/2007, Walt wrote:

>Well, I had a pretty average morning, ......

Walt lives practically within shouting distance of this location, but
I wish I could get that sort of average morning, hi....my impression
was more like Bill's and Dennis' , not that great.    It was hard
work to dig out N. Korea on 819, CNR1 on 1377 and 639 etc., only by
SW parallel and near wishful thinking; even none of the NHK stations
were really challenging the splatter that much.  None of the audios
here were much above the "not so reasonable audio, occasional words
in splash or noise" category, and those were almost all the usual suspects.

For the most part, I threw in the towel around 1450UT, perhaps a
mistake, but the propagation monitor agreed that things had mostly
finished...low band peaked around 1420UT, high band about 20 minutes
later.  And, generally not as good as a few mornings ago...

Strangely, though, there was a good carrier on 747 at 1605UT,
presumably seconds after the s/off had finished, when I might have
had a chance for audio...and only just saw Walt's message posted at
1550UT which might have provided warning.

Nick