Re: [IRCA] TPs for 10-23

At 07:26 AM 10/23/2007, you wrote:

>Good morning
>
>Listened from 1255-1340 UT and  heard a few very weak carriers on the bottom part of the band.  The only audio was from JOAB-693 at 1332 UT.Bill Block
>Prescott Valley, AZ
>Drake R8

Well, I had a pretty average morning, although there were some interesting findings.  Only listened from 13:55 to 15:13 (I'm still listening to JOUB 774 at very good levels now at 15:13).  Russian LW were absent.  Seemed mostly a JJ morning, but after dawn, I had a nice rise in
CC stations.  Plenty of audio across the band, but especially in the mid-third.  Even had 4QR 612 at 8 level for a while.  Here are my loggings with comments.  No comments usually indicate just a 6 audio:

529 SQM with TWEB (a 7)...I started at the bottom and worked up by the way.
558
567 JOIK.  The best NHK1 performer.  Still strong at 14:50.  Better than 594.
594 JOAK with an 8.
603
612 4QR at 8
621 3RN, I think
639 CNR1 at 14:07 at 8
666
702  exotic oriental music at 14:14 at 6 to 7 ?who
747  JOIB at 8
756  weak audio at rechech 14:50
765
774  JOUB at 9.  Best of the NHK2 bunch.  Still going strong at 15:20.  Earlier weak coch.
783
792
801  Strong carrier and snippets of audio late at 14:52
819
828 JOBB and a jumble of others
837  Not CNR1.  This is Harbin, according to John Bryant.  8 level.
855 North Korea at 8 at 14:23.
873 JOGB at 7
891  Surprise of the day.  Very strong carrier with oriental music at 14:25.  Normally very difficult due to Village 900 here in Victoria splattering.  Continued through the morning.  Not sure who this was.
918 presumed Shandong at 14:26
945  Nothing earlier, but at 14:56 2 cochannel CC stations.  CNR1 and another with CC music.
954  Also a late appearance.  15:03 but only a 6
963  CRI RR at 14:28 at 8 level.
972  HLCA at a 7.  I agree with John B.  Very strong carrier....S9 plus, but weaker modulation, but very clean.
981 CNR1, but bad splatter from 980.  A Comment here:  I'm seeing many Canadian stations with bad splatter....much worse than American stations (but then, there's IBOC!).
1008  audio at 15:04
1017  CRI in Korean at 8 level // to 5965.
1026  CC at 7
1053  N. Korea at 6 to 7.
1116
1134  a 7.
1143
1242
1278  CC at 14:40
1287
1323
1332
1377  CNR1 at 14:41 at a 7
1386 Oriental music at 15:07
1440  JOWF under domestic at a 7.
1503
1557  WYFR late at 15:08, but weak
1566 HLAZ strong at 14:45.  8 plus.
1575  VOA Thailand at 7

That's it for the morning.  It's now 15:32 and I'm still hearing 774 at a weaker 7..........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.