Re: [IRCA] Local IBOC outlets

Don,

Here in the NW, we still have three IBOCers, KHHO-850 (Not audible with
IBOC hiss because of local KSWB-840 and strong KPAM-860. At LSS I can
tell there is some IBOC hiss on 860 off the SW EWE, then KEX-1190 (The
powerhouse of IBOC noise, pretty much wiping out 1180 & 1200 days, but I
can phase the noise pretty much out leaving weak KLAY 1180 and
CJRJ-1200, and the third IBOCer 1330-KKPZ, that does cause noise on 1320
& 1340, but it can be phased out fairly easily. But 1330 is 5 KW (500
watts max of IBOC, compared to 50 KW KEX  and 5 KW of IBOC hiss. It
doesn't sound too good. I am reworking my antenna coax & matching
transformers and I wonder if it will be worth it, knowing what is
looming in the near future. I can always go back to SW, but that would
be a last resort.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin