Re: [IRCA] KSLM

John,

Radio was really neat back in that era. I did not start listening until
the early 60s, but it still was "local" and a lot of neat sounding
stations on the air.
  Clint Formby, I know the name, as Bob interviewed him for an article
for Radio World back in the late 90s. KPAN was a unique station and Bob
was always looking for that small station that was local for a RW
article. Many times driving from Oregon to So Cal, we could go through
small towns looking for something different that stood out. KDAC Ft.
Bragg was one of those stations in the 90s. Live programming, and I got
my QSL from visiting them too. So I had my own axe to grind. hi. But I
got to see a lot of cool stations. The ones we did not get to visit in
person, Bob managed to find out about a lot of them one way or another.
KPAN was one of those. I never personally talked with Mr. Formby, but I
heard the cassette Bob made of the interview. I still have all of Bob's
interviews, so I presume it is in the stack somewhere.
    I remember visiting KBZY Salem in the early 70s, as I visited all
the stations in the valley during that period. I remember the PD at KBZY
stating, that KSLM was the "old" station in town an no one could touch
them in the rating, no matter what was done.  A great personality MOR
station.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin