Re: [IRCA] WIBC-1070's minor lobe west

> One think I am finding out about WIBC, that hardly anyone hears them at
> night. Charlie you are in their lobe. But in other directional they are
> rare.
>    I do remember a time back around 2000 one Winter day when daytime cx
> were great I logged off the Eastern beverage around 1400 PST, Houston
> TX, Wichita KS, and Plentywood MT all mixing. Houston was a jewell of
> the bunch. I got QSLs from all three, but I think Houston has a tighter
> pattern days than they did.

They are hard to hear.  Got them once years ago when conditions were ideal.

http://www.am-dx.com/Graphics/wibc_qsl.jpg

On normal night pattern, they are inaudible about all the time.  CBA, of
course, and CHOK is common.  Other than that, it has to be someone testing
to get above the noise.  There are some medium power South Americans, but I
don't recall hearing any.  I am looking forward to CBA moving to FM.  I can
only hope it happens before WTIC and KYW start night IBOC.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI