Re: [IRCA] Dxing from Vancouver Island

Thanks to all who responded - Patrick, Chuck, Charles, Nick, Bruce, and
Colin.

I have compiled a list, which I intend to use as a checklist, of your
suggestions organized around sunrise and sunset in Tofino. In some cases I
was confused by terms sunrise and sunset. I wasn't sure if the reference was
to Tofino or the source of the signal. Please correct the errors. Is there
an optimal time for the longwave signals?

I used the following while working on the list. Where there was more than
one station on a frequency, I chose the one with the higher power.
http://www.radioheritage.net/PAL_search.asp
http://radiostationworld.com/
http://www.thesunrisetimes.com/
http://timeanddate.com/

Thanks again for your suggestions. I look forward to DXing using your
advice.

Mark

Tofino July 13, 2007 sunrise 0508 (start listening 0345 PDT)

594 -JOAK-Tokyo, Japan
693 -JOAB-Tokyo, Japan
747 -JOIB-Sapporo (Hokkaido), Japan
774 -JOUB-Akita, Japan
828 -JOBB-Osaka, Japan

972 -HLCA-Dangjin, South Korea
1566-HLAZ-Jeju, South Korea

612 -6RN-Dalwallinu, Australia
702 -2BL-Sydney, Australia
792 -4RN-Brisbane, Australia
891 -5AN-Adelaide, Australia
1116-3AK-Melbourne, Australia
1548-4QD-Emerald, Australia

Tofino July 13, 2007 sunset 2102

567 -2YA-Wellington, New Zealand
756 -1YA-Auckland, New Zealand
1035-2ZB-Wellington, New Zealand
1503-Wellington, New Zealand

639 -Drasa, Fiji
738 -Papeete, Tahiti (after 2230PDT)
1017-A3Z-Nuku¹alofa, Tonga

550 -KMVI-Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
650 -KRTR-Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
670 -KPUA-Hilo, Hawaii, Hawaii
720 -KUAI-Eleele, Kauai, Hawaii
760 -KGU-Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
830 -KHVH-Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
990 -KHBZ-Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
1500-KUMU-Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

Local
540 -CBXQ -Ucluelet (check for harmonic on 1080)
90.1 -CHMZ-FM -Tofino

Russian longwave stations
153
180