Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

KAZ,

It sounds like modifing the beginning of the beverage so it would go
straight into the matching transformer would be a waste of time by what
both you and Chuck report. I do slope the far end down to the three
copper pipes in the ground though. Interesting to note, I have found the
directivity of the Eastern beverage is better when grounding directly to
the gound rods rather than through a resistor. I tried a pot at the far
end and monitored the signal on a portable as I always do, and I found
directly connecting the wire to the rods works better. This is some
years back. However I have not tried the pot again since I elevated part
of the beverage. It may have made a difference.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager