Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

KAZ,

I guess theory and the real world are two different animals. You may
remember when you were here last Fall, you were concerned about the
slope up that little hill with the beverage. I remember you pulled on it
a bit. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that as I had to
raise it so the farm equipt could be through. Gone is the old brokendown
barbwire fence for the first 450 feet of the beverage.  THen I do go
back on the fence the rest of the way. But I guess a beverage with
slopes in it is better than none. hi. Maybe with the sloping along the
first 450 feet of the beverage, making little changes at both ends
really has little effect anyway. Maybe I am splitting hairs as there is
no perfect beverage in place here anyway. Even if I had a perfectly
straight beverage from end to end, I still have the wet soil under it
and not dry soil. But it is interesting that little changes I do make
does make a difference in the directivity of the wire from frequency to
frequency. Some channels have beautiful nulls to the sides, but maybe
the next channel, the side lobes are worse. Of course like all of us, we
want or lunch and eat it too. A perfect beverage on every channel is not
in the real world. hi.  I am just trying to improve on it.  Do you think
moving the matching transformer and coax up on the limb in the backyard,
so the beverage running straight, would be worth the work? Of course
adding a couple ground rods over under the beverage would throw the
impediance off a bit, so the directivity of the beverage may change
anyway. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin