[IRCA] Legal scope of TIS content?

I know that according to 47CFR90.242(a)7, TIS stations
     "... shall transmit only noncommercial
     voice information pertaining to traffic and road conditions, traffic
     hazard and travel advisories, directions, availability of
     lodging, rest stops and service stations, and descriptions of local
     points of interest."

Can some TIS stations get permission to broadcast other kinds of info?
I ask, because there is a TIS station here in Los Alamos WQFJ525 1610
kHz, licensed to the county that is not catering to travellers, but to
the local residents.

The station announces that it is an "emergency advisory radio station"
purchased through a grant from the Department of Homeland Security. It
is licensed through the FCC as a TIS station, though. In the event of an
emergency, we are to tune in for public safety instructions,
information, advisories, announcements, etc.

In the meantime, the station is broadcasting plugs for local county
services, such as the county's website, the county library's locations
and hours, the county customer service center, the local crimestoppers
tip line, and even information about how to apply for county employment.

Also, there is information about how to avoid getting the flu, and what
to do if you do get it. There is currently an extended announcement
about the possibilty of prescribed burns in the area forests, including
locations and methods.

I'm sure that very little of this information is appropos to travellers.

I'm betting that the county's use of the station oversteps the
conditions of its license.

--
Mesa Mike, N6KUY, WDX6O
Los Alamos, New Mexico (DM65uv)