[IRCA] BOG Antenna Questions

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone on the list that has considerable
experience using various length BOG antennas and could comment on their
directivity.

Here is Nova Scotia I am running a 2000' E/W and a 1000' N/S. I use these
antennas for NDB's and BCB reception. I use a 75/j - 11:33 turns to couple
to them and feed with 75ohm coax

What I would like to know is how directive they are as compared to a
beverage 10' in the air.

I seem to have a null spot from approximately 30-60 degrees. I would have
thought that by setting them up the way that I did they would have enough
spread off each end to cover the middle.

Also....does adding length cause a BOG to me more directive?

All comments appreciated and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vernon - VE1VDM ex ( VO1VM - Trepassey NF )
Truro Nova Scotia
FN85ki