Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 24 March

Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 24 March

Bob,

Back in the late 70s and through the mid 80s, DU's were so common here
on the coast. I thought they would go on forever. Night after night from
LSS in New Zealand/Australia to LSR here they were in. Many S9+10-20 DB.
Amazing signals. Two and three on some channels. I cleaned up over a few
years. I went from a half a dozen QSLs to over 300 from Australia & New
Zealand. It was like heaven. However, things started to change by the
mid 80s and the signals from the Pacific did not have the zing they had
before. That goes for Hawaiians and the rest of the Pacific too.  By the
late 80s I was getting much more TP DX and the Asians were much stronger
overall. That continues today.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin