Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 24 March

Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 24 March

> The DU conditions popped in last night before I headed to bed. JOAK,
> JOIB, and JOUB were there as usual but weaker. After I posted I also
> caught 4TAB on 891 on top of presumed 5AN with Sports talk "TAB Net".
> have not heard them for sometime either. So it was a DU morning along
> the coast.

My recollection from the 60's (DX lore that existed even back then)
and through the 70's (includes my own experience such as 1964 + 1973-74)
is that this 3rd week in March was the best of the entire year to
hear DU signals in the eastern US, with a secondary peak around
New Year's. If the freq's were still open I think it would still be
happening now, though noise levels are higher now.

This may be partly helped by the vertical sunset terminator line
in March affecting the earliest fade-in time of DU signals
This for AU would be around 0930Z now. What experience do the
WCNA DXers have now with earliest f/in times? This is somewhat
earlier than f/in would happen in December.

- Bob