Re: [IRCA] Forwarded request for DX information

At 05:40 23/03/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I was recently forwarded a letter written by a gentleman located in
>Ontario Canada.  He's re-entering DXing after a long time off and is
>looking for information. Since buying my last receiver, I haven't
>really kept up on current set-ups.  If you could post or email me
>with your thoughts, I would appreciate it. This is quite an all
>encompassing letter and I will compile your comments to send back to
>him. 73- Doug

Sounds like the man needs a copy of "A DXer's Technical Guide",
Doug,  but I'm biased.  Off the top of my head, of available
receivers, AR7030, maybe Icom R75 (is the R8x still
available?).....and Flag / Ewe antennas can be very helpful if
interference is concentrated in one or two quadrants.   But, it's all
in the book.

If he wants to be ambitious, maybe forward him the couple of recent
technical columns on Software Defined Radios...

best wishes,

Nick