Re: [IRCA] FCC Bows to Big Money, Dumps on Listeners, and Approves Night AM I...

Re: [IRCA] FCC Bows to Big Money, Dumps on Listeners, and Approves Night AM I...

Craig,

Great comments!
   OK, so the reason an AM station would go IBOC is for the audio
quality. KEX 1190 (now IBOC) used to have fantastic analog quality the
rivaled FM back in the 60s/70s. I don't know how good their frequency
responce was, but it was darn good. So with great quality like that, why
go IBOC, if that is all they are looking at? The signal sure isn't much.
Out here where I live I really doubt I could ever hear a station in
IBOC, so why bother. I guess some stations in IBOC do not even cover
their city. I can understand some advatages  the extra streams on FM and
apparently the coverage is much better on FM IBOC.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager