Re: [IRCA] Fwd: [NRC-AM] FCC complaint address

Re: [IRCA] Fwd: [NRC-AM] FCC complaint address

> When the politics are as heavily against you as they were for the
> hams in the BPL proceeding, then yes, facts become futile.

*** I think that's precisely why that analogy was presented, because
this situation is very similar in that regard.

> But there is no circumstance I've ever seen in which the FCC has
> responded positively to filings that go beyond the facts into
> unprovable
> territory (i.e. "FM HD doesn't work beyond 5 miles.")

*** While I agree, the fact is that they also chose to ignore the facts
which they had at hand demonstrating that nighttime IBOC would cause
serious interference, and that it also did so in the daytime but to a
lesser extent. As Rene's message header said - the only facts involved
money and political pressure.

> > Will lawsuits be the only potential avenue for relief by stations
> that  can no longer be heard?

*** The FCC has created rules to attempt to prevent lawsuits, however I
can't see it playing out differently, and I don't believe that language
in the rules will do anything more than dissuade some owners that it's
a lost cause. I don't know of many rules issued by regulatory
commissions attempting to preclude lawsuits have succeeded.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id