Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC RulesNext Week

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC RulesNext Week

It is my understanding that Ibiquity refuses to spend
any money on promoting their product but wants the
stations to promote it.  So the stations send money
to Ibiquity but have to promote the product themselves?

Suppose I own a hamburger chain (which I don't!) and
send money to the franchiser.  And the franchiser tells
me that I must promote his product myself.  Something
is wrong there.

I see, for example, McDonald's running spots on TV
and the local franchisee benefits.   We know the local
fellow has part of his "fee" being spent on those spots.
Seems fair to me.

But in the case of Ibiquity, they are not running any
spots at their expense.  Something is VERY wrong
there.

- JimT