Re: [IRCA] KXEL deserves a reprimand or license revocation

Re: [IRCA] KXEL deserves a reprimand or license revocation

> Me, I'm silly. I like to listen to distant radio stations. I run my own
> business and have my hands full doing it. The last thing I'd want is to
> have somebody who doesn't know my business commenting about how I
> should be running it.

I do know the business, and make my living from it.  There is a Keen Sense
Of The Obvious that you get from years doing this.  Backup equipment is Very
Obvious.  Fecal Matter Happens.  Heck, I have a 10kw generator at home.
It's saved my house from frozen pipes on a couple of occasions.  Cost me
under a grand to buy it, rebuild it, and get it set up.  Had it for 20+
years.  I believe in backups.

The station owner is probably asking some very hard questions right now.
Either asking his employees why the proper equipment wasn't there, or asking
himself why he didn't cough up the money to do it.  I doubt any DXer will
catch flak from this.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI