From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Les Rayburn
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:54 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] KXEL deserves a reprimand or license revocation

I'm not aware of any FCC regulation that requires a station to have backup
electrical power as a requirement for license. Your points about lost
revenue and the greater public good are certainly valid, but there could all
kinds of reasons why the station decided against purchasing an emergency
generator.

Besides, there outage has given a lot of DX'ers the opportunity to log some
new stations...which I thought was the point of this club/e-mail list.

Why so many DX'ers seem to want to sit in judgment about how stations should
and do conduct their affairs is beyond me. These posts will likely find
their way back to the management at KXEL making it harder to obtain a DX
test, QSL's or other consideration from them in the future.

My advice is to think before you post. :)

73

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111