Re: [IRCA] LAME WAV to MP3 conversion

If you're not comfortable using LAME on the command line, you can
download Audacity, which is a very good and very free audio recording
program. It runs on Windows and Linux.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Open up a wave file, then convert it to mp3 with a menu option. You
still need to tell it where to find the LAME dll, but you only have to
do this once after you install Audacity.

Besides converting wavs to mp3, Audacity happens to be an excellent
recording and editing tool in its own right and I use it all the time
to record audio off my radios.

Damon Cassell
Salem, Massachusetts