Re: [IRCA] Digitalizing DX cassettes

Charles,

Nero is fine.  Archiving to .wav is prefered.  Assuming the 'many 1.4 MB
floppies' post was a kid: I obtained a CD burner at under $50 which came
with Nero (but use Music Center Pro*) and that 500 MB can be stored, as is,
on a CD at a wopping 17 cents each, in 100 bulk qty.  Actually, I archive a
complete DX season onto one (1) CD as mp3 files (about twelve hours worth.)
Since my cassettes run about an hour, I use an editor to cut the l-o-n-g
recording into segments (tracks) that begin with IDs, and other line items
in my reception report (allowing quick run through and check by station.)

Basically, once stored as a wav file onto a CD, you can edit, copy, convert
from there without changing the original, and keeping the computer sludge
free.

73s,
Konnie
*Program has 32 tracks available for more sophisticated projects, and had
national airplay of an edited project for 9-11 rememberance last year.  This
is not recommended since the sequence file generated uses twice the memory
until it is deleted.