Re: [IRCA] Digitalizing DX cassettes

At 12:38 PM 3/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Charles A Taylor wrote:
> > Group:
> >
> > Nero was supposed to have (I believe) compressed the file. 500 MB is huge,
> > after my understanding.
> >
> > Comments?
> >

>Charlie,
>
>     How many floppies do you need? Hmmm. Optimistically, 347 or so @
>1.44MB each. I'll have 350 of those bad boys shipped to you Overnight
>Express, COD, from the PRC.   Your computer friend, Doc

Doc,

Thanks a zillion. Just EXACTLY what I needed! More cassettes!

Are you familiar with those little "flash drives?" I have three 1-GB
"Intelligent
Sticks."  1.75" long, 0.75" wide, 0.125" thick.

I keep important records in duplicate on two of the three. Plugged into a
"USB hub"
that goes from PC to PC.

A few of the newer, and cheaper, flash drives could store my DX IDs (in dupli-
cate) for a long time.

BTW, I have a serious problem in calling my taped IDs, "airchecks." The latter
word is too broadcast oriented.

I have had a BAD time with PCs, so I refuse to keep important data on a
PC's hard-
drive. OTOH, my eldest daughter has an old Gateway PC that she leaves energizes
constantly. She's more like an appliance operator, while I'm more like a
technician.

She's had nearly zero problems with the Gateway in five years. OTOH, my PCs
go Berkeley regularly. Probably because I "fool" with the applications so much.
Go figure.

Are you keeping up with KTRB?

Charles

        -----