Re: [IRCA] Crystal radios

Bob,
Tnx!
We concluded our 9th annual "DX Xtl set contest" a week ago Sunday.
In the MW class, I heard 166 stations.  Best DX for me (1600 miles) was
PJB3, Bonaire on 800 kc.
One guy in NE logged 289 stations with DX up to 2k miles.  Mike Tuggle
had probably 75 stations, 90% over 2500 miles from his qth in HI.  Another
contestant logged close to 200 stations.  I'm going to rebuild my xtl set
into a "neater", more compact rig.  It presently uses 8 air variables,  six
4" air coils and 1 toroid.
 The complete xtl sets now takes up about 2' x 4' of countertop space while
my Drake R8B, one tube superhet, Elecraft K2 ,with KAT100 antenna tuner, lap
top and 3 power sources combined take up slightly less space.  .

Great news on your running through the general ham question "pool" so
easily.  You'll do great.

73 Gil NN4CW