Re: [IRCA] Computer Model of Bog

--- Bob Young <youngbob53@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does BOG stand for? Beverage on
> Ground?
> These sound pretty good if so, I can't really dig around here too
> much junk
> in the woods but could lie two wires on the ground if that's what
> these are,
> how exactly do you construct these? How would they compare to two

A BOG is a Beverage on Ground. You may also see BUG ( Beverage Under
Ground or even BUS ( Beverage Under Sand ( on the beach ).

You would expect a BOG of the same length to act as if it were an
antenna of about 1000' up off the ground. That gives you substantially
better directivity. Termination ( grounding through a resistance ) one
end can make it narrow-lobe single-end specific.

And at the end of the night, you can roll it back up again - a true
stealth anetnna.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]