Re: [IRCA] Department of bizarre QSLs

Subject: [IRCA] Department of bizarre QSLs
> Partial data letter from AFN Diego Garcia with beautiful 8 x 10 photo of
> island, signed by IC2 Bennett. Date on letter is Jan 23, 2006, postmark on
> envelope is the same. Almost a year to arrive!!! The envelope, letter and
> photo were all in good shape, so I don't think they were just stuffed in a
> corner somewhere. Still, pretty weird if you ask me.

Jim, Do you know what a IC2 is? He is a Intercommunicationman second class.

In the weird department, In 1992 I worked a ham in Germany on 20 meter CW. I
sent him a QSL direct. He replied back through the ARRL. It took 10 years to
the day to get his QSL. The QSL manager here in the U.S. had changed hands
and that slowed things down just a bit.

Willis
Old Fort, TN