Re: [IRCA] Wobbler

Right you are, Dr.Z.

It was on 5 Sep., I noted the Whooper jammer on 1550, messing with
WRHC Coral Gables and their Spanish format.

I've been logging this jamming activity since then, which is almost
continuous -- at nights when WRHC signal fades somewhat and I can hear it.

The Whooper is not to be confused with the Wobbler.  The Whooper is
an audio whooping sound impressed on a steady carrier.  The Wobbler
is a fluctuating carrier producing audio through interaction with
other carriers.

 From my vantage point I can not tell how affective the Whooper is at
jamming US stations in Cuba, its clear intent.  The Wobbler on the
other hand, originates on Cuban stations, rather than targeting US
stations, and does not appear to be intended to jam.  It certainly
must be annoying though, to those trying to listen to the affected station.

The Whooper is doing its thing even now at 5:41 pm ET, Dec 19 2006.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida