Re: [IRCA] Just another day?

I'm gratified, by all the car radio history, that I didn't have to repudiate my memory of hearing Freddy Martin's music on the road on Dec. 7, 1941. And I'm happy to have inadvertantly launched an interesting and entertaining thread!

I suppose my most interesting car radio experience came in the summer of 1976 when my wife and I were driving south from Tucson and found an FM signal that was playing my kind of music. It reminded me, I thought, of what I had heard in the '50s from KXL-750 in Portland. Turned out to be some bodacious e-skip, and KXL on FM held steady for more than an hour. (I don't DX when the wife is in the car.)

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon