Re: [IRCA] DX Podcasts

At 03:19 PM 11/14/2006, you wrote:

>Can anyone tell me if the very fine DX Podcast is still being made available? Also
>if anyone has found other good radio related podcasts, I'd love to get a list of them.

Hi, Les.  My very good friend Colin and Newell and Brent Taylor from the east coast of Canada produced the short run of DX podcasts, and weren't they good!  Brent went on to run for Provincial office a few months back and gave up the project (hopefully temporarily only!).  There haven't been any more of them, although Colin does have some other audio clips on his site at www.dxer.ca .  Perhaps they'll be back again in the future!........Walt.
PS:  There's precious little to download.  Personally I download for listening on my mp3 player the following programs:  TWIAR International, TWIT (several good podcasts at this site all technology related, but not radio), RCI Maple Leaf Mailbag....it's not Ian MacFarland unfortunately, but occasionally a little bit interesting, RNZI Mailbox...a much better program, International Radio Report over CKUT, Bob Padula's DX podcast, The Pirate podcast (links from the now essentially defunct Alex's Radio page), World of Radio, DX Partyline, and Out Far Press.  Year by year, the pickings get more and more slim........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.