Re: [IRCA] Dare I Say Mid-Winter Anomaly??

At 15:33 05/11/2006, you wrote:
>Another disappointing morning for TPs..... if this is the start of
>the MWA, we can hardly complain, since the season started a full
>month earlier than last year.

yes, you might say MWA....there certainly seems less beef to the
morning TPs (especially the low band ones) than there was even around
28/29 October when K indices were somewhat higher than they have been
over the last couple of days.

Having said that, there were better signals last night at
Japanese/Korean sunset than there was this morning.  K indices were
1-0-1 leading up to that time period; they were 3-3-2 leading up to
our sunrise (and POES says more energetic particles arrived between
the two times), so there's probably still some effect from ol' Sol
influencing what we hear.   But perhaps there are now also some
clouds of absorption drifting around that weren't there a couple of
weeks ago, and that's more typical of winter conditions.

best wishes,

Nick