Re: [IRCA] Importance of IF skirts + B FOXWORTH

Re: [IRCA] Importance of IF skirts + B FOXWORTH

Bob,

Thank you very much for that superb note on the ITT Trans-Atlantic
operation....  I'll join you in mourning the passing of about 95% of
the SP-600s... gosh what a radio!

Bob Foxworth, I've seen your name around the hobbies pretty much
since I got back in (1980) but this is the first time that we have
had e-contact.... I've been wanting to ask you a question.... As a
not-too-innocent 17 year-old, I went to the 1957 or '58 NRC
Convention in Findlay, Ohio (by train all the way from
Oklahoma).  There, I met two kindred spirits, freshmen or sophomores
in college, DXers from out on Long Island... Manhassett, as I
remember.  Anyway, we got along well (most everyone else was really
old, say in their 40s or even 50s) and we committed quite a few
misdemeanors together.  Anyway, they kept talking admiringly about
this really outstanding DXer from up the Hudson a little ways (as I
remember) and his name (as I remember) was Bob Foxworth.  Soon after
that convention, I got too involved with college, then marriage and
career and dropped out for 20 years.... THE QUESTIONS:  Was that you
they were talking about???  If so, what were their names and what
ever happened to them???? Prison, possibly???

Now I really better get back to work or that marriage I mentioned
might not survive!

John B.