Re: [IRCA] Idea for a DXing related website

--- Radiofldude@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ok, so I got up a little early this morning and had an idea.  If  something
> like this already exsists.
>
> I notice DX'ers often have mp3 clips of their audio and no real place to  put
>
> them. Or if they have a place, it can't handle a lot of bandwith.
>
> What if, for a small monthly fee... I hosted the persons audio files opn my
> server. Included with that would be a simple one page website with that
> DX'ers
>  bio, contact information and audio files.
>
> I think some sort of small monthly fee or one lump sum for a year would be
> fair. Now, I know some people will say no.... but honestly, I'm not looking
> make money of this. I want to help out, but I can't just give my bandwith
> away  either. (now, of cours,ethered be limits on how much audio you could
> post,
> etc)
>
> If there's enough DX'ers interested, let me know.

Actaully, the IRCA website has had that capability for a while now, for IRCA
members (ONLY), and I seem to recall we announced it when it was done, but it's
seldom used.  If you do this, send me the link and I'll change the IRCA site
link to yours - that way, everything is in one place.

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA web site at http://www.ircaonline.org