Re: [IRCA] HD Radios - snap them up!!

> I heard my first HD radio promo the other day.  It was like a 15
second blurb, I guess produced by the industry.  I wish I could remember
exactly what they said but I thought it was horribly written.  I could
barely tell what it was about and I have knowledge of what is going on.
I wish I had someone with me in the car at the time to see if they could
understand it.

> Occasionally, I will ask someone what they think about HD radio and
the "best" answer I get is they think I am talking about XM radio.  The
only way I can see this succeeding is if analog radio is simply
outlawed, forcing Americans to replace millions and millions of
perfectly functioning devices.  Kind of like how the FCC obsoleted all
the FM radios in the 40's by moving the band.  Everytime I see a
documentary on that, I always feel bad about how the FCC (wholly owned
subsidiary of Sarnoff-RCA) screwed Armstrong on that.

> Russ Johnson
> Lexington NC

Russ, there is a campaign here on WFLA in Tampa marketing
the BA HD Receptor through a mail-order web based outfit
called AudioWays. These are obviously (to me anyway) trade deals
and a lot of them are running in low-budget hours. This Audioways
has a very vanilla generic web page (www.audioways.com) and
I am wondering (1) if they are marketing in other areas than
Tampa and (2) if they will start matching the $50 rebate that J&R
Music World is now listing for the Receptor. I am not sure who
ultimately is supporting the rebate, I suppose it could be
iBiquity, could be Boston Acoustics, or perhaps even J&R
itself -- maybe they have a warehouse full of them collecting
dust?

Did you hear them (audioways) mentioned on your local station?
This could well be a subsidiary of CC itself, a major proponent
of HD.  Is your local a CC owned station? I am assuming AM,
as well, since we're on an AM list. I'd think the FM, which
offers secondaries, would be easier to market.

Mysteries to solve....

- Bob   k2euh             0033 edt