Re: [IRCA] WTIX-980 Winston Salem NC?

>It might be a little harsh to say not to believe "anything" from the
FCC
>DB.  Admittedly it has its problems, but, for example, WPBI 960 N.Palm
>Beach, FL, just became WSVU, and as soon as anyone noticed the change,
it
>was found already reflected in the FCC DB.  Other resources are yet to
>catch up.
>
>Curt

Another thing this WPBI/WSVU question brings to mind -- the
call change reflects a format change, if I have read past
postings correctly.

The fact that a brand new station, not even established
in its market, has had to change format so soon would
lead a reasonable person (or me, anyway...) to assume
that this station had not done its market survey to try
and identify where they could fit in, in terms of offering
a salable format that could attract listeners.

Or is the new business model just to pick formats from
a hat and hope one works?

>>   Dont believe anything from the FCC  . they still show WCFI 1290 as
on.
>> Those towers and building have been torn down for 2 years
>>
>>   Lee
>>   Ocala FL

I still have the coords in my Magellan 330M GPS from
driving past that site (on I-75), one of my waypoints on
trips to N. Fla for things like the Folk Festival in White
Springs. There is not a gigantic cell tower at almost
the exact site. Towers were lost in one of our hurricanes.

- Bob                          sent  1952 edt