Re: [IRCA] WTIX-980 Winston Salem NC?

My AMLOGBOOK.COM shows them on BUT Scott's 100,000 watts shows silent

    WTIX
  980 kHZ        Format: Silent
  Licensed: Winston-Salem, NC
  Owner: GHB Broadcasting Co.
  Co-owned: WBLO, WIST-FM
  Began Operation: 1950
  Facilities:  1000w/69w ND D

    Transmitter: 36° 9' 15" N 80° 16' 34" W
  History:

Owner Change

GHB Broadcasting Co. from Media Broadcasting Corp. on 3/29/2006
Format Change

Silent from Classic Cntry. on 2/1/2006
Classic Cntry. from Adult Stand. on 10/16/2005
Adult Stand. from Black Gospel on 4/1/2005
Black Gospel from Silent on 3/23/2005
Silent from Black Gospel on 2/14/2005
Black Gospel from Silent on 6/30/2003
Silent from Black Gospel on 6/16/2003
Black Gospel from Silent on 7/5/2002

  It looks liek they have a long history of on/off operation

  Dont believe anything from the FCC  . they still show WCFI 1290 as  on. Those towers and building have been torn down for 2 years

  Lee
  Ocala FL

  Russ Johnson <k3pi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Interesting.

Maybe they are having technical difficulties or perhaps the FCC database is not current.

They weren't on today - for sure.

When  it was WAAA, they always had a horribly modulated signal at times and  seemed somewhat intermittent in its operation. I had the feeling that  it wasn't a well run station.

Russ Johnson
20 miles from Winston-Salem (and actually there today)