Re: [IRCA] Talking house on 1630 ruining DX on channel

Re: [IRCA] Talking house on 1630 ruining DX on channel

Curt:

	Thanks for your observations and comments.  Yes, I know what is a
Sub-audible Het (SAH).  If fact, I have been able to document SAHs of
over 1 to 2 minutes in length using my audio graphing software.

	In this case, it could be a SAH as you note, but the audio being
produced is "dirty" and "sounds" almost like the infamous Cuban
wobbler.  I have heard similar audio on other Part 15 transmitters.

http://philcobill.com/sounds/talkinghouse/01630-20060923-0820-
wobbling_talking_house.mp3

	I suspect there is something wrong with the carrier of the Talking
House, but I have not been able to isolate the carrier on my screen
shots (using Spec Lab) because there are too many TIS carriers.
Although I suspect it is at about 1629.985.

	Check out the following: (add 1629.5 to the frequency at the top of
the graph to get the exact frequency of the carrier)

http://philcobill.com/sounds/talkinghouse/capt0609241124.jpg

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland