Re: [IRCA] Oh Oh..Another Radio Reloj Outlet....960 Guantanamo????

Re: [IRCA] Oh Oh..Another Radio Reloj Outlet....960 Guantanamo????

Robert,

You're on a roll!

Again referring to the reports of Paul Zecchino, this time from a cruise
earlier this year:
         960   Reloj GTMO  Bearings corroborate

I hear 960 RR here in SE FL, but recently WPBI North Palm Beach has begun
operation on that channel, so now it is only at night.

BTW: I never meant to put any sort of pall over Cuban reports.  I only
wanted to comment on the use of old call signs as part of that
identification.  To that point you may notice two 960 RRs are listed in
WRTH both identified as with call sign CMDJ, though located across the
island from each other.  There have been no reports of reception of the
Cienfuegos, CI, though its reported lower power may account for
that.  Nothing accounts for duplicate call signs as a form of station
identification.

Again I apologize for editorializing on your post.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida